At the time of your booking, personal data is submitted.
We take your privacy seriously and our data protection policy is based on the following principles:
* We recognise the need for user privacy and data protection legislation compliance.
* We understand we have a duty of care for our guests.
* We only collect and process Data that is absolutely necessary and in the best interests of our guests and any data collected will be for the purpose of the services we provide.
* We will never pass any guest Data to a third party unless we have your express permission and it is in your best interest.
* We endeavour to ensure that all our Data is correct and up-to-date.
We aim to comply with
* UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
* EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
* EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Contact forms and emails
If you contact us using the form on our website, the information you provide will be transferred to us via email, which will then be stored in our database.
Site visitor tracking
Our website uses Analytics software to track user interaction. This information allows us to determine the number of people using our site, so we can understand how our site is being used, so we can improve our services. We do not have access to information which will identify you. You can prevent the Analytics software from tracking your interaction with the site by disabling cookies on your internet browser.
In line with data protection regulations, we are obliged to report any data breaches. We will adhere to the requirement to do so within 72 hours and will report to the appropriate authorities. This also applies to any data theft.
Data Controller and Data Officer
The Data Controller is Old Pier House. Old Pier House operates as a sole trader run by its General Manager, Ossian MacKenzie. Our Data Protection Officer is Ossian MacKenzie.